Wednesday, February 15, 2017

My Creative(?) Outlet

Once again I was stumped over where to go with this week's post and I sent out an S.O.S. again.

This week's S.O.S.





My friend Jess and I talked about what exactly a creative outlet is. Does that necessarily mean it has to do with an art form in some way? Or can it be anything that is an outlet for you and in that way, it is unique or creative? Either way, I was clueless as to what my outlets were.

But then I realized what my main outlet is, although it may seem a bit odd. There is not an exact word to describe it that I can think of. I know a word often used is "fangirling", but I dislike that term for many reasons. I guess you could say my outlet is appreciating artists?

There are a few Korean artists that I absolutely adore. I appreciate their music and them as artists so I want to spread awareness of them. So, I translate their tweets, Instagram, and other social media posts they make so other fans who cannot understand Korean can enjoy them too. I also translate and sub videos from time to time (although subbing is the biggest pain in the butt no matter what program you try to use, rest in peace all my patience).

So in a way, that is my creative outlet. For several hours it is just me and my computer. Translating, posting and sharing with fellow fans.

A fairly familiar sight when I log in to Tumblr. Most likely all translation requests. 



3 comments:

  1. Haha, I do love the art of fangirling. In general, I tend to fangirl over the art itself instead of the artist. I love J.K. Rowling, but I full on fangirl over the Harry Potter books and movies (Rowling is fun to follow on Twitter though).
    When I was in high school, however, I went full Beatlemania fangirl mode over a German boy band called Tokyo Hotel. I was absolutely in love with them for a few months there..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honesty and totally understand where you are coming from. In my early college days, that was me. I never got to deep into it but reading fanfic until 3am did have to be reassessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I love your art...work in translation. I am more of an art fan than creator so I don't really have a traditional creative outlet persay. My friend is obsessed with Korean dramas. I have to keep thinking about what my art is.

    ReplyDelete